Buton Limited Terms and Conditions of Business
1.1. These Terms and Conditions represent a contract between Buton Limited and the Client.
1.2. The Client agrees that any use of the Company ’s services, including placing an order for services by telephone, email or website forms shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1.3. Unless otherwise agreed in writing these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business or purchase conditions put forward by the Client.
1.4. No variation or alteration of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
- REGULAR DOMESTIC CLEANING SERVICES
The customer agrees to sign and return the Agreement and Direct Debit forms to Regular Cleaners prior to the initial cleaning visit.
- The customer agrees to pay the monthly fee via Direct Debit instruction.
- BUTON LIMITED reserves the right to suspend cleaning services if monthly payments are missing or if the direct debit mandate is not returned to BUTON LIMITED prior to the initial cleaning visit.
- Minimum duration of 2 hours per cleaning visit applies for all domestic cleaning services.
- The sales advisor can only give a rough estimate of the duration of the cleaning service, which is based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary therefore a degree of flexibility is required.
- Customer agrees to provide a task list and all necessary cleaning detergents and equipment for the required work, unless other arrangements have been made with BUTON LIMITED. All cleaning equipment should be safe and in full working order.
- If the customer does not have cleaning detergents and asks BUTON LIMITED to purchase requested items on their behalf, customer understands that an applicable charge will be assessed.
- If collection of keys is required from a location outside the postal code area of the cleaning scheduled, £15 (excl. VAT).
- All cleaning equipment should be safe and in full working order.
- Client understands that the price he/she has been quoted does not include anything apart from cleaning and ironing labour.
- Payment is requested on completion on the day of the cleaning session.
- All payments are made via Direct Debit.
- Customer understands that any ‘late payments’ may be subject to additional charges.
- If payment is not made after 30 days of invoice then the account will be passed to our collections agency, after which a charge of 15% plus Vat on top of the initial invoice due, will be added to the debt. You agree as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
- COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
- The customer accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage or theft must be reported within 24 hours from the service date. Failure to do so will entitle customer to no refunds or recovery cleanings.
- To minimise the risk of damage, BUTON LIMITED requests all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and /or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), art and antiques.
- Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if keys are lost by our operatives. There is a £30 per household liability limit.
- BUTON LIMITED agrees to keep all customers information confidential.
- In case of damage BUTON LIMITED will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired BUTON LIMITED will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a BUTON LMITED’S source upon payment of cleaning services rendered.
- BUTON LIMITED has a Public and Employer’s liability insurance. The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by the cleaner working on behalf of BUTON LIMITED, reported within 24 hours of service date.
- There is £500 excess on any claim, of which £200 are paid by customer and £300 by BUTON LIMITED.
- BUTON LIMITED reserves the right to refuse to share any of the confidential company’s documents.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
6.1 Customer understands that he/she is not entitled to any refunds.
6.2 If the customer is not completely satisfied with a cleaning job, BUTON LIMITED will re-clean any areas and items to customer’s satisfaction. Therefore customer must allow the cleaner to be returned.
BUTON LIMITED reserves the right not to be liable for:
- Completing tasks which are not stated on our task list;
- Late arrival of Company operatives at the service address. The Company endeavours to be punctual, sometimes it is not within our control how the public transport system operates. Company operatives who arrive late due to transportation factors may entitle the client to re-schedule.
- Cleaning jobs not complete due to the lack of suitable cleaning detergents and/or equipment in full working order, hot water or power;
- Third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
- Wear or discolouring of fabric becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- Failing to remove old/permanent stains that cannot be removed using standard carpet cleaning methods;
- Existing damage or spillage that cannot be cleaned/removed completely using provided by the customer cleaning detergents and equipment or standard carpet cleaning equipment;
- Any damages caused by a faulty or not in full working order detergents/equipment supplied by the customer.
- Services not provided to the client because of dishonoured payments, or overdue accounts.
- Customer may cancel or adjust the time of a cleaning visit/s by giving at least 24 hours advanced notice.
- Customer agrees to pay the full price of a cleaning visit if the customer cancels or changes the date/time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; or problem with customer’s keys.
- If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
- Customer agrees to pay the full price of four cleaning visit in case of a termination of the service if the customer has given less than 4 weeks advanced notice.
- This term is a major condition of this agreement. The clients mind is drawn to it, and the Client irrevocably agrees to beliable for a penalty fee of £500.00 per person, should s/he directly employ whether temporary or permanent (legally or otherwise) any cleaner or staff without the prior permission of the company. Any request, or additional work done, or requested to be done, whether on “company time” or not, to intercept business from the company will be a severe breach on this agreement. The Client agrees to pay this fee whether he notifies the Company of his action or the Company discovers this employment independently at any time after it occurs. The Client further agrees to reimburse the Company for any and all collection or legal fees the Company incurs in collecting this fee.
- SUPPLEMENTARY TERMS
10.1 The cleaning operatives are not allowed to hand wash any items of clothing belonging to the Client
The Company advises that our operatives can only use a washing machine for such tasks.
10.2 All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. We will not be responsible for
damage where it was an obvious risk.
10.3 The cleaning operatives are not allowed to use or work with bleach or any product containing bleach. The Company advises the Client to avoid supplying such products to the cleaning operatives. The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any damages to Client’s property caused by bleach or products containing bleach.
10.4 The Company reserves the right to make changes to any part of these Terms and Conditions without giving any prior notice. The Company may add to or alter these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any alterations or additions will apply to new business but not to existing contracts. Please refer to your copy of these Terms and Conditions, or alternatively you can request a copy by contacting the company.
- Our Guarantees
11.1 The Company has built its business and reputation by providing its clients with the best possible cleaning
service available. For this reason, the Company offers you a guarantee. If the Client is not satisfied with the cleaning standard of certain areas after the cleaning, the Company’s operatives will come back to the Client’s premises and re-clean those areas free of charge.
- Referral Credit
12.1 Any Client of the Company will receive a one-time credit of £10.00 for referring another
Client. Credit will be issued after new Client has been serviced 6 times.
- Data Protection
13.1. We operate a data protection policy, and we do not share your information with anyone, including third
parties. However where a warrant or an order is made in pursuance with fraud, or illegal activities we will make such information available to law enforcement officers.
- Abuse / Discrimination
14.1 We operate a zero tolerance policy towards verbal, physical and sexual abuse of staff and customers. This I Includes intimidation, bullying, harassment, and discrimination in any form. We will prosecute or seek the maximum penalty under the law in the event of such abuse. Additionally we may make a report to the police, and seek compensation where we see fit.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom. BUTON LIMITED reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice. Should any of the above clauses change all existing customers will be notified. Please check this website for updates.